The BDC is a consortium of biological sciences faculty and staff from over 30 different colleges and universities in the US and Canada . We represent a community of common interest around the management and administration of undergraduate Biology teaching and learning.
We believe not only in our students’ success but also in the success of our faculty, departments and campuses.
- We believe that we can always do a better job educating our students.
- We believe that reform is more than simply changing pedagogy.
- We believe that trying to make this happen in isolation is inefficient and insufficient.
- We believe that collaboration is the way to increase success overall.
Two broad areas of interest to BDC members are:
- The theory and practice of teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to the introductory and the core courses and experiences of students.
- The management of instructional programs, including assessment, staffing, budgeting, space management, and related administrative functions.
The mission of BDC is to facilitate communication and interaction that promotes excellence in life science education.